Handheld vacuums can assist you in keeping the interiors of your car and house clean by quickly removing mess and crumbs around these places. These gadgets are capable of accessing the small gaps that are normally inaccessible with a heavier and larger vacuum.
Handheld vacuum cleaners are synonymous to convenience. Rechargeable and quite often found to be cordless, these gadgets are very handy if you are looking for something with which to vacuum your car with ease. Moreover, if you have such a handheld device in the house, you need not worry about having to find the correct attachment to go with your main vacuum cleaner for sucking up the crumbs inhabiting the upholstery, cushions and sofas.
A handheld vacuum cleaner is ideal when it comes to cleaning blinds, ceilings, ceiling fans, tables, counter-tops and other similar areas that are difficult to access by means of a stick or upright vacuum cleaner. Here are some of the best handheld vacuums in 2015 that you can consider as budget buys for taking care of the mess in inaccessible parts of your home.
Black and Decker Platinum BDH2000FL 20-Volt cordless
Featuring a new Lithium-ion battery capable of delivering 20V power, the BDH2000FL is one of three new handheld cordless vacuums from the Platinum series. It is an upgrade on the Flex FHV1200 that worked with Nickel-Cadmium batteries and was notorious for its long charging time and extremely short battery life. The manufacturers of this new model, however, claim that it will offer better backup and charge six times faster as opposed to the Nickel-Cadmium based batteries. On the downside, it is heavier than its predecessor and also has a smaller capacity to hold dirt so you will be required to clean frequently while using it.
- Short charge time
- Flexible hose that is long enough to allow better access to certain areas while you can keep the appliance on the floor if you want.
- Single charge capable of providing enough backup for effective spot cleaning around the house
- Not as noisy as compared to some of the other vacuum cleaners
- Has a very limited dirt-holding capacity
- Narrow pathway makes it difficult to empty the canister
- Not as powerful as compared to some of the cheaper versions
- Lack of a replacement battery means that if it dies down after the warranty period, you can put it to very little use apart from making a very heavy paperweight out of it.
Black and Decker Platinum BDH2000L 20V Cordless Hand Vacuum
Another of the handheld vacuum cleaners in the Platinum series, this one too uses a Lithium ion battery of 20V capacity and has a superior backup compared to the older Nickel-Cadmium ones. This model features a more traditional design of handheld vacuums and compared to its siblings in the Platinum group, is much more stronger and with a bigger dust storage capacity. An upgrade on the CHV1510, the only modification has been the battery that is used while dust capacity and power continue to be the same.
- One of the best lightweight vacuum machines and has a run time of nearly half an hour
- Semi translucent dirt containers let you know when the canister has to be emptied
- Crevice tools so that you can easily reach more areas around you and not have to bend down too low for cleaning floors
- The head allows rotation at right angles in both directions so that you can have a better area coverage for cleaning
- Be creful while rotating the head as it is not too flexible and may get dislodged on being twisted too hard
- Integrated battery system requires a trip to the service center if you have to replace it irrespective of the circumstances
- Lack of a tool for pets makes it tricky when you want to remove pet hair from your floors
Hoover Platinum LINX BH50030 Pet cordless
A unique new handheld vacuum cleaner, all attachments on this appliance are pivoted around a 25-degree angle, allowing complete surface contact to be maintained while you go back and forth on whatever area that you wish to clean. Thus you are allowed better maneuvering with this gadget. Although it is marketed as an appliance that is effective for removing pet hair from surfaces such as floors, stairs, chairs and tables, this appliance is more than capable of removing other types of dirt.
- Dual attachment for picking up pet hair from sofas and carpets
- Easy removal and replacement of batteries
- Motorized brush allows for effective removal of dirt from upholstery and carpets
- Cyclonic technology helps in maintaining a dirt-free filtration system while cleaning and allows gives you an efficient run even as the dust cup continues to fill up
- Limited dirt capacity requires to empty it frequently
- Not capable of handling pet hair in large volumes
- It is expensive to purchase a replacement battery
- Not effective if you use on leather
With a top rated handheld vacuum cleaner at your disposal, you may get the feeling of being in constant companionship of someone who will take care of all your cleaning needs. Portable and effective for cleaning small messes around the house, you are ensured of getting quick pick-ups with these appliances. If you want to make sure that you are looking at the best vacuum, go through some reviews online and see what others have to say about their experience of using one these handheld vacuum cleaning devices.